Daily Mail Trials Vegan Diet

Could lentils save your life? Meet the man who became vegan for a month the Daily Mail - More coverage that eating less meat and dairy can have positive health benefits.

Weight loss, improvements in digestion, and cholesterol levels down by almost a quarter!

After a month on a vegan diet Daily Mail journalist EDWARD BATHA had this to say;

At the end of the month I went back to BUPA. Despite the huge quantities I'd been eating and my failure to exercise, I'd lost two kilos, which was welcome.

More surprising was a reduction in blood pressure, from good to excellent.

But most unexpected for the doctor was the superb 23 per cent drop in my cholesterol levels to 4.9.
This was much greater than had been anticipated and had I done some exercise, it could have been still lower.

Still, my risk of a heart attack in the next ten years has dropped significantly.

By the end of the month I was also sleeping better than as a carnivore.

It's not so bad, this vegan thing. And I seem to have lost that desperate urge for dairy produce, which surprises me.

For guidance on a healthy vegan diet see Yvonne Bishop-Weston, Gareth Zeal or Penny Crowther at Foods for Life London Nutritionists clinics.

Comments

Donald said…
Hello:
Interesting Article. I've got cans and cans of lentil beans and soups and I could lose some pounds too. I may try that vegan diet myself.
The name is Don and I'm surfing and reading the articles and letting everyone know about my whole food vitamin blog. It's nutritious oriented also. Pretty much deals with all natural vitamin type related stuff. Come and check it out when you get some time.